Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 8-Sondai, Augusta 16...Nightmares, prepping and packing

I had another one of my unsettling nightmares last night. It was the same as all the ones I've had before, darkness, cold-damp-thick air, a flicker of light revealing a shadowed figure, a whisper of an inaudible voice from somewhere in the darkness and now a loud thunderous clanging noise like metal striking metal...what does this all mean? The images, or lack there of, are so vivid I would swear it was real. I was so disturbed by this latest dream that I couldn't eat breakfast this morning, and Cassandra even made her bread pudding. I love that stuff! My stomach just wouldn't allow it. Sad start to my day.

I pulled myself together by lunchtime and found enough courage and energy to approach my father and ask him about going with Antonia to the Lake District. I had trouble convincing him initially, but I finally wore him down. He, of course, insisted that Olin accompany us on our journey (I knew this was going to be the case). I was also to leave word with certain people along our way so they could send word back to Distress about our progress. This was going to be a bit of a problem where our investigating was concerned. It is going to eat up a lot of free time trying to track these people down along the way. We'll just have to make do.

I received word from Antonia that her father had granted her permission to make the trip. I was excited and nervous about making our way and finding out all we could about this mystery. I spent the rest of my afternoon packing my bags and tending to my horse, Isabella. She needed a lot of attention...such a mess. My afternoon was shot getting her ready, but it kept my mind busy and calmed my nervous energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment